Search This Blog

Monday 21 October 2013

Speedbands Review by InstantSpeed.ie



A few months ago I was lucky enough to be sent a set of speedbands from Instantspeed.ie.  Speedbands are a form of resistant band that you strap around each leg, just above the knee. Resistant bands offer many benefits over weights and dumbbells. For one they are lighter and more convenient to pack when going on holidays. Moreover resistant bands put constant tension on your muscles during every movement which in turn helps develop your speed, strength and power. That is something you don't get with free weights. 

"Speed bands activate the fast-twitch muscle fibres in the hamstrings, quads, glutes and core muscles to help increase your speed, explosive power and balance".

I have been using these speedbands for my leg day for the last few months and I am really impressed. My main aim this year is to get stronger glutes (basically bigger more toned bum). Jennifer Setler is my bum inspiration so these speedbands are the perfect way for me to start building up muscle in my lower body. 







I workout my lower body every week but as my gym equipment is limited at home, it can be hard to add weights or resistance to all my lower body exercises. I have seen such good results since I started using these, my legs are more toned and my bum is slowly but surely getting bigger. Every time I use these bands I can barely walk for two days (a sign of a good workout). They never get easy. 

You are advised to do all drills and exercise first with the bands and then repeat immediately without the bands when you legs are feeling lighter and stronger. So repeat all the below with no resistant bands.

Speedbands can also be used for power to make you stronger. I like
to combine with my dumbbells or barbell to add extra intensity.
Combining these resistant bands with your weights sessions is perfect for total-body sculpting, toning and fat burning. They are also a great way to prevent injury by building up your muscles.
I am all about home workouts and using inexpensive equipment. When you have resistance bands and dumbbells you have got endless exercise options and combinations for a pretty small investment. By combing your resistant bands and dumbbells you will add challenge and variety to your exercises and keep seeing results without buying heavier set of weights. Even if your current weights are challenging adding bands can help you build even more lean muscle.
 

The speed bands are not only a great workout for your lower body but they can also be used for cardio, getting your heart rate up and burning fat. These exercises all use your core as well so great for defining your abs. Your abs will be screaming after doing the high knees with these bands.

1. Wall sprints- 15 seconds x 3 rounds
2. Squat Jumps- 10 reps x 3 rounds
3. High Knees- 15 seconds x 3 rounds 
4. Ladder drills - 20 seconds x 3 rounds

Below is an example of my lower body workout. Give it a try.

3 rounds

1. Plie Squats- 30 seconds
2. Squat Walks side to side- 30 seconds
3. Plie Squats- 30 seconds
4. Bridge -1 minute
5. Table holder- 30 seconds right
6. Table holder- 30 seconds left
7. Knee to sky- 30 seconds right
8. Knees to sky- 30 seconds left
9. Leg pulses-L- 30 seconds
10. Leg pulses-R- 30 seconds
11. Inner leg pulse- 30 seconds
12. Inner leg pulse- 30 seconds







 

These bands are so affordable, they cost only €22.99 and can really complete your gym.

Check out instantspeed website for more information and videos.

http://www.instantspeed.ie/

Note: I was not paid to promote the product.